Who we hire:
The employees of Dalton & Tomich, PLC are individuals who think independently, argue open-mindedly and assertively and above all else, value the intense pursuit of truth and excellence, and through it, the rapid improvement of themselves and the organization. The work we do is about more than just making a living and potential hires are looked at as more than just an employee – they are someone we could share our lives with. We insist that the people we work with are considerate and have a high sense of personal accountability to do to make right thing, even when it may be difficult. They must be generous in nature, have a high standard of fairness and, most importantly, they are able to put their egos aside and assess themselves candidly.
Who we are:
- Our team works hard to achieve a standard of excellence that is extraordinarily high, and along with that achievement comes high satisfaction from our clients. With an overriding objective of excellence, we are a law firm that is superior and constantly improving.
- The best ideas win no matter who they come from. Conflict in the pursuit of excellence is a terrific thing. Criticism – by oneself and by others – is an essential ingredient in the improvement process and should be handled objectively. There should be no hierarchy in the giving or receiving of criticism.
- Because teamwork and team spirit are essential, we hold an intolerance for substandard performance. An individual of Dalton & Tomich, PLC should have the ability to recognize of the responsibilities required to contribute to the team and its common goals, as well as the willingness to work within a group toward those common goals. Substandard performance cannot be tolerated when it hurts the entire team.
- As previously stated, our overriding objective is excellence and constant improvement. Money is a by-product of excellence – not a goal. If we operate consistently with the philosophy that we should pro-active and achieve excellence and constant improvement, the company will do well financially. Each person in the firm should take on the mindset of an owner’s responsibility, personally operating in this way and holding others accountable to operate in this way.
Senior Associate Attorney/Associate Attorney
Small, highly-respected Detroit/Chicago/Rockford law firm seeks an experienced attorney for their growing practice. Candidates should have a minimum of years of practicing business law, have transactional real estate experience and be well versed in all stages of litigation.
- MI/IL Licensed attorney
- Book of portable business to bring to the firm
- The ideal candidate would have comprehensive knowledge of real estate / land use / zoning and representing privately held businesses but not required
- Desire to thrive in a boutique law firm environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling client matters, and adhering to strict deadlines
- Must possess analytical, legal research and writing skills
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Building trustworthy relationships with clients and communicating with them in a timely manner
- This is a great opportunity for a self-starter. A competitive base salary and benefits package come with this position. The ideal candidate loves working in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Researches law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; preparing legal memoranda.
- Assembles case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Prepares for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Maintains the calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, and meetings.
- Protects law firm’s reputation by keeping client information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Assist and counsel lawyers and judges on their primary duties
- Record all billable hours
- Blog for the firm website
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter. A competitive base salary and benefits package come with this position. The ideal candidate loves working in a strong team-oriented environment.
Dalton & Tomich PLC is always looking for experienced attorneys to help grow our firm. If you are interested in working with us, please submit your information below.
No Attorney-Client Relationship or Confidentiality.
A visit to our Web site, or an inquiry from this site to one of our attorneys or staff members, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Dalton & Tomich PLC. For this reason, we caution you not to send us any information about a legal matter until after you have spoken with one of our attorneys and received instructions about what information to provide him or her. Unsolicited information that you send to Dalton & Tomich PLC will not be treated as confidential. While we would like to hear from you, we cannot represent you or advise you whether you have a claim until we know that there is no conflict of interest. In addition, as the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, information sent via the Internet by form or e-mail might be intercepted and read by third parties. A telephone number is provided on each attorney’s biography page.